Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Deploying

Recently I found out that I was going to be deploying in just a couple weeks time. This news came as a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting it to happen quite this soon. All I can remember thinking when my shop superintendent told me was, "how am I going to tell Heather? How is she going to take it?" Don't get me wrong Heather is a VERY strong individual and I knew that she would be able to handle the challenge. But we had just bought a house and on top of that we have a 4 month old daughter. This is a lot to change. Not only will I be here to help get the house completely situated but I won't be around to support her over the next year in regards to Savannah.

As the time of my deployment gets closer I can't help but let my mind wander and think about all the things I'm going to miss. I'll miss my daughters first steps, first words, first of many other things. I know that Heather will try do her best to capture these special events with her cell phone video and our camera, but it's not the same. 

On the bright side of all of this (if there is one), being deployed has gotten me a lot of clothing and gear that I would not have gotten otherwise! When I first went to buy all my military gear and clothing I would need for my deployment it felt almost like Christmas and I was on a shopping spree!

Well I guess that's all for my first post. I'll update this blog as I'm able. Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment