Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Trusting in Him

As I sit here in my living room the morning before boarding a plane I reflect on all God has done for me over the last few months and how I've had to learn to trust in Him!

After moving to Virginia I admit I worried for a little while about making friends and finding a place to live. I knew that it would happen but maybe not as fast as I would like. So I prayed and asked God to be in control as he always is. The result was we found a home within 2 days of starting to walk through them (and now we are living in Our first home), and we have meet two amazing couples that I know will be friends for a long time to come!


This brings me to NOW! It seems unreal that in approx. 24 hours I will be boarding a plane and leaving my family behind for approx. a year. I knew this day would come but I just didn't think it would be this soon. Then I start to think about what will happen to me while I'm over there? How will I change? What things will I encounter? Then I think of the song "Trust in the Lord" by Point of Grace that says:

"Trust, trust in the Lord
Lean not on your own understanding
In all, all of your ways
Acknowledge Him
He'll make your path straight"

This brings comfort to my heart. I know that by trusting in God just as I did when we first moved here that everything will be taken care of. I know that Heather will have good God friends that will be here for her if needed. I know that she and Savannah will have a roof over their heads that won't fall down. I know that God is in control of my situation and that He won't give me anything I can't handle while I'm deployed. (lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/trust-in-the-lord-lyrics-point-of-grace.html)

With all this in mind I'm now 'looking forward' to my deployment. I'm looking forward to meeting all the different people that I'll be deployed with, and getting to see a part of the world that I've only heard about. I'll get to experience a new culture that so different than the one what I'm used to. I'm looking forward to the chance to grow not only physically (as I plan to workout a lot) but also spiritually as I learn to trust in the Lord like I've never had to before. For once in my life I won't have any control over what happen at home and I have to trust in Him for everything, and pray that he provides, directs, and protects my family.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and the girls. What a tough season this must be! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete